Licensed PRP Joint Regenerative Doctors
in San Diego
Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, sometimes called PRP therapy or Autologous Conditioned Plasma (ACP) therapy, attempts to take advantage of the blood’s natural healing properties to repair damaged cartilage, tendons, ligaments, muscles, or even bone.
PRP has benefited thousands of patients from chronic injuries such as a torn meniscus or life changing degeneration such as disc herniations or osteoarthritis.
Booking with us has never been easier.
Click here to get started!
- Reduces and heals inflammation
- Heals several sport injuries (ACL, MCL, Rotator cuff injuries, low back injuries)
- Osteoarthritis (knees, ankles, hips, low back, shoulder, elbows)
- Degenerative joint disease
- Repair of connective tissues (ligaments, tendons, fascia)
- Simple and minimally invasive
- It offers lasting relief for the joints (85% of patients feel 85% improvement with 3 treatments)
How are PRP Joint Injections Administered?
Our doctors are highly trained in regenerative medicine and orthopedics, ensuring the administration of PRP Joint Injections as a pain-free way to provide lasting results. Our medical team will first look at any patient-provided imaging, followed by a physical examination of the affected area(s). We then collect a sample of your blood, separate the blood components in a machine called a centrifuge, and extract the PRP from the sample.
WHICH IV IS BEST FOR ME?
In just 1 week – 80% improvement from PRP/stem – suffering from 3 herniated discs. Hear Justin explain how Dr. Phan got his life back!
Hear Alan’s success story on how he got meniscus surgery without benefit & how PRP actually got him out of pain!
Victor is a Thai Kickboxing Coach & hear his story about how PRP helped his degenerative hip by 80% in just 1 treatment!
“I came (to LIVV) because of my heel after running 26 marathons and some Iron Mans. I have been to countless doctors and no one seemed to be able to help. Before I met Dr.Phan I could barely walk. (Now) I never have pain!”
“I was skeptical about PRP-if this would really work.. but it’s given me my life back as far as being able to do the exercise and activities that I really love!”
“I tried everything under the sun..and nothing really helped unfortunately. After the injections I immediately walked out feeling great. I haven’t run for a decade…I caught myself running after my dog..no pain and no inflammation or pain the next day.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- It contains growth factors to heal specific connective tissues such as ligaments and tendons.
- It treats chronic injuries and may result in 50% improvement with 1 injection – Dr. Phan’s clinical results.
- 85% of patients feel 85% improvement in pain, structure, and function after 3 treatments – Dr. Phan’s clinical results.
PRP is a vicious solution which can be uncomfortable. At LIVV, with the purchase of PRP injections, prolotherapy is injected 1st (50% dextrose and 1% lidocaine) to numb the area to reduce pain and also promote inflammation and healing of connective tissues.
- Uncontrolled diabetes or heart disease
- Surgery within 1 month
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic autoimmune disease
No, PRP injections are not covered by insurance. LIVV can provide the patient with a superbill that the patient can submit to their insurance for reimbursement.
Yes, PRP works well in conjunction with IV therapy, a balanced nutritional plan, and a well planned movement and mobility program.
On average, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) works quickly with patients noticing a difference in pain, structure, and function within 1-2 weeks after treatment.
3 sessions with intervals of 4 weeks