How to get rid of wrinkles
How to get rid of wrinkles
Here are our top recommendations to support healthy skin and prevent skin damage/aging:
- Eat a whole foods, anti-inflammatory diet, stay hydrated, maintain low stress, get your beauty sleep!
- A poor diet and lifestyle are second to aging when it comes to declining skin health
- Supplement protein/collagen and skin loving nutrients (e.g. vitamin C, zinc, and omega 3 fats) if needed with a healthcare professional
- Certain nutrients are necessary to make collagen and build connective tissues
- Wear sunscreen daily (SPF 30 to 50), note that UV rays can penetrate overcast
- Chronic and excessive sun exposure is a primary cause of premature skin aging and potentially dangerous skin disorders
- Keep your face clean and moisturized with non-toxic products
- Wash your bedding regularly, avoid over cleansing, and use EWG skin deep resource
- Relax your face as much as possible and sleep on your back
- Over use of facial muscles or compressive forces are what deepen skin lines and lead to fine lines and wrinkles over time
- Filter your shower water
- We shower a lot, constant exposure to harsh substances can be damaging in the long-term
- Address health issues that could be causing inflammation and premature aging!
- Especially unbalanced hormones and digestive disorders
The Low Down on Wrinkles
Collagen is the structural protein that maintains healthy and youthful looking skin. However, collagen production in the body decreases naturally with age, chronic/excessive sun exposure, cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse, illness/inflammation, and a poor diet. Insufficient collagen in the body can impair skin integrity – a decline in both the amount and quality of collagen is associated with skin aging and the formation of wrinkles, as elasticity, thickness, and tension decrease. Additionally, vascularization (blood flow) to the skin decreases, which causes a lack of nourishment to the tissues; the production of natural oil decreases, which causes dryness of the tissues; and fat underneath the skin diminishes, which causes a sunken appearance of tissues.
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Options at LIVV
PRP facials use a micro-needling pen to drive in platelet-rich plasma, derived from your own blood, into the skin to stimulate collagen production and deliver regenerative and growth factors directly to cells. This therapy improves overall vitality of the skin as well as reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring.
Radio Frequency uses a device that delivers energy waves deep into the skin to heat up the deep layers and stimulate collagen production. This therapy is excellent at tightening up loose areas of skin on the face and other parts of the body.
Radio Frequency and micro-needling treatment, also known as a non-surgical facelift, combines both of the above procedures to maximize anti-aging benefits for the skin. This therapy is designed to remodel skin tissues and inducing new skin cell formation to promote a significantly more youthful appearance!
All of these procedures are safe, effective, and minimally-invasive – call us today to book your appointment and get glowing!
Written by Jordan Valdez, ND, RD