Ozone Therapy & Optimization
Ozone Therapy & Optimization
Scientists have known about Ozone for over 150 years, particularly its role in protecting the earth from the sun’s harmful UV rays. As research on this gas continues, scientists are discovering its many therapeutic uses, particularly in preventing infections and illness while boosting overall health. This article discusses ozone therapy, including what it is, how it is administered, and its benefits.
What is ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy refers to the medical application of Ozone into the body for treatment purposes. This treatment has grown in popularity in recent years due to its numerous health benefits. Upon direct topical application, Ozone quickly kills bacteria, parasites, and viruses. When administered by injection, it boosts energy production and strengthens the immune system.
Ozone is a gas made up of three oxygen atoms (O3), unlike normal oxygen, which has two atoms. It is produced by passing pure oxygen through an electric current. Ordinarily, Ozone is harmful as a gas, but controlled administration by a qualified health expert releases its health benefits.
What are the benefits of Ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy has many health benefits:
- It strengthens the immune system – Our immune system can be compromised by poor diet, lifestyle choices like smoking, and toxins from the environment. These leave us weak and susceptible to illness. Ozone treatment can stimulate the immune system by strengthening white blood cells and boosting the production of antibodies.
- It promotes wound healing – Ozone therapy can be useful in transporting oxygenated blood to injured or inflamed or damaged areas of the body. Improved blood circulation to the cells improves their function and ability to self-repair. It is especially effective in treating ulcerous wounds in diabetes patients.
- It detoxification – Every day, we encounter toxins in our food, environment, and the products we use. When these toxins build up in the body, they can overload the lymphatic system, causing lethargy and fatigue. Continued toxin build-up can cause illness. Ozone therapy boosts detoxification, thereby clearing out these toxins.
- Skin rejuvenation – Skin needs oxygen to stay clear, healthy, and glowing. Ozone therapy boosts blood and oxygen circulation through the skin, which rejuvenates cells. It also promotes the production of collagen, which is needed for skin health.
- It fights off infection – Bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses thrive in conditions where oxygen is inadequate. Ozone therapy infuses oxygen into the body, promoting an aerobic environment where these organisms cannot survive.
Can Ozone therapy help my physical performance?
Yes, ozone therapy can improve physical performance. Many athletes undergo ozone therapy for its ability to boost performance and endurance. During intense physical activity, the body escalates ATP production, which boosts energy, helping you work harder and longer. On the contrary, when blood oxygen levels drop, you will get fatigued faster, lowering your physical and mental performance.
Similarly, the body supplies oxygen where it is needed the most, such as to the muscles during physical activity. When this blood is oxygenated, it boosts performance and promotes faster recovery after strenuous activity.
Other benefits of Ozone therapy on physical performance are:
- It reduces the formation of lactic acid, reducing muscle soreness and fatigue.
- It accelerates wound healing and recovery from injuries.
- It reduces incidences of swelling, bruising, and inflammation
- Boost the production of the growth hormone
Do I need any lab tests when doing ozone therapy?
Before you undergo ozone therapy, you must consult with your doctor to establish if it is suitable for you. Ozone therapy is not recommended for pregnant or menstruating women. It is also not suitable for people with certain blood disorders such as hemophilia or anemia. If you have recently had a heart attack, you may also not be a suitable candidate for ozone therapy.
In some cases, depending on your condition and health history, the doctor may request for specialized lab test. These tests may include CBC (complete blood count), which reveals any blood-related conditions such as anemia. Lab tests may not be necessary for otherwise healthy people.
How is Ozone therapy administered?
Ozone therapy can be administered in different methods. The most common are:
Autohemotransfusion – In this transfusion method, blood is drawn from the body, mixed with Ozone, and then transfused back into the bloodstream.
Direct injection– This method uses an injection to deliver Ozone to the specific area that is injured or infected, such as the neck, back, or joints. The injection could either be intramuscular or subcutaneous (under the skin).
Insufflation- Insufflation refers to blowing ozone gas to a body opening such as the mouth, nose, or rectum.
Topical application– This is the use of ozonated creams or ointments that are applied topically.
Gas bathing- In gas bathing, a patient is in an Ozone filled chamber where they inhale the gas for a pre-determined period of time.
Ozone sauna– An ozone sauna is a chamber that releases ozone steam that penetrates the skin is then absorbed into the bloodstream.
How am I going to feel after Ozone therapy?
Ironically, you may experience some tiredness immediately after your ozone therapy session. This is, however, temporary as the treatment starts to work and your energy levels rise. Some people have also reported developing flu-like symptoms, although these subside with time. If you received ozone therapy through the rectum, you might experience discomfort, cramps, and the need to pass gas. Similarly, these feelings are temporary.
Livv Natural Health offers ozone therapy treatments to patients suffering from several health conditions. These could be Lyme disease, toxicity, infections, inflammations, and others. Based on your health condition, our doctors advise you on the best method of treatment.
Some of our most popular treatments include 10 pass ozone, where blood is drawn, infused with Ozone, and transfused back to your bloodstream ten times. 10 pass ozone is quite effective and eliminates the need for more frequent but shorter ozone sessions. Our patients have gone on to experience excellent health, such as seen in this testimonial: