Peptide therapy – Sermorelin Vs. CJC/Ipamorelin
Peptide Therapy – Sermorelin vs. CJC/Ipamorelin
Peptide therapy is dramatically changing the lives of people across the globe.
From slowing down the aging process to aiding weight loss and cognitive function, this cutting-edge technology offers a glimpse into what regenerative medicine can offer.
Before we delve further into its benefits, let’s look at what peptides are.
What Are Peptides?
Peptides are short strings of amino acids produced naturally by our bodies. They are signaling molecules that instruct other molecules and cells on the functions they should perform.
Medical scientists have so far discovered over 7000 naturally occurring peptides in our bodies.
These peptides carry out different functions including muscle growth, immune system health, and cognitive functions, among others.
Peptides are derived from foods or manufactured synthetically.
Natural sources of peptides include milk, meat, eggs, fish, soy, beans and lentils, oats, hemp seeds, flaxseed, and wheat.
Okay, so why don’t we just consume these foods and forget about therapy?
All these foods are good for our health, and we should definitely, definitely eat them.
However, research shows that our body’s production of amino acids decreases as we age.
Actually, after age 30, the human growth hormone production declines by over 1% every year. Our body ages and ceases to perform optimally.
Peptide therapy uses peptides to communicate and direct cells to perform the functions specific to those peptides.
Not only does this enhance functionality, but also provides body balance for everyday living.
Potential Benefits of Peptide Therapy
- May treat a wide range of health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, autoimmune disorders, insomnia and stress disorders, and inflammatory diseases
- Stimulating growth hormone production
- May improve skin quality and tightness, reducing frown lines, wrinkles, under-eye bags, age-related bone loss, and other signs of aging
- May aid weight loss
- Increasing muscle mass and endurance
- Improving post-workout recovery
- Balancing hormones
- Improving cognitive function
- Promoting better sleep
- Strengthening the immune system against harmful viruses and bacteria
- Repairing body tissue including tendons and ligaments, joints, and bones
- Enhancing sex drive and overall sexual performance
- Increasing your energy, strength, and stamina
How Does Peptide Therapy Increase My Growth Hormone?
The growth hormone is produced in our pituitary gland.
In children, the hormone promotes growth while in adults, it’s responsible for metabolism, keeping blood glucose levels optimal, and maintaining normal body structure.
Production of the hormone is affected by several factors including nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress, and the growth hormone itself. It’s released in bursts every 3 – 5 hours.
With age, production declines as does your sense of wellbeing, placing you at risk of high cholesterol, weakened bones and muscles, and heart disease.
People complain about fatigue, depressed mood, and decreased energy.
Peptide therapy becomes a viable option for anyone seeking longevity and wellbeing as the years progress.
The most commonly used peptides for the growth hormone are CJC-1295, Ipamorelin, (or a combination of both), and Sermorelin.
As a growth hormone-releasing hormone analogue, the CJC 1295 effectively triggers the secretion of the growth hormone through the pituitary gland
It does this without pushing up your appetite or other organic chemicals and hormones such as acetylcholine, cortisol, prolactin, and aldosterone.
CJC 1295 is an anti-aging peptide that boosts energy and metabolism, enhances cell regeneration and replication, and promotes lean muscle mass among other benefits.
This peptide mimics the activity of the ghrelin hormone, secreted by the stomach, to trigger the pituitary gland to secrete the growth hormone. Like the CJC 1295, it doesn’t push up your appetite or increase acetylcholine, cortisol, prolactin, and aldosterone levels.
Ipamorelin has anti-aging properties, increases bone mineral content and lean muscle mass, boosts the immune system, and improves sleep.
Adding an exercise regime to your Ipamorelin therapy may see you lose weight faster.
You’ll find many specialists combining Ipamorelin and CJC for enhanced results.
Sermorelin mimics the growth hormone-releasing hormone, stimulating the pituitary gland to do what it does best – produce growth hormones.
Treatment with Sermorelin may help increase energy levels, lean body mass, and sexual performance, improve sleep quality, vision and memory and decrease fat mass.
It may also decrease blood pressure, cholesterol, wrinkles, and cellulite.
Sermorelin Vs. CJC/Ipamorelin
As mentioned earlier, the CJC 1295 can be combined with Ipamorelin to increase the blood level of the hormones typically associated with growth.
Both Sermorelin and CJC/Ipamorelin peptides slow the aging process, enhance long bone growth, boost energy levels and increase fat burning, among other awesome benefits.
So, the question really isn’t about which peptide is more effective, rather which one best suits your body, age, and lifestyle.
For example, patients who take Sermorelin experience more hunger compared to those who use CJC/Ipamorelin.
CJC/Ipamorelin is more concentrated and is taken in smaller doses over five days compared to the seven days needed to enjoy the benefits of Sermorelin.
Both peptides should be taken at bedtime to maximize your body’s natural growth cycle and are well tolerated by users of all ages.
Your therapist will help you identify the best peptide for your use.
Other Popular Peptides
Peptide therapy is not limited to the ones we mentioned above. There are more on the market offering a wide range of benefits.
The common ones include:
- BPC-157: accelerates tissue healing, increases blood flow to injured parts of the body, heals skin burns, prevents stomach ulcers, and protects organs.
- Tesamorelin: is used by adult HIV patients to reduce extra fat around their stomachs. This peptide is use-specific and should not be used for weight loss.
- Thymosin Alpha & Beta: these two peptides help strengthen the immune system. They stimulate stem cells, inhibit viral replication, kill off fungal, bacterial, and viral infections, and minimize scar formation.
- MOTS-C: regulates metabolic functions, promoting metabolic balance in your body. It helps alleviate insulin resistance as well as obesity induced by a high-fat diet.
- AOD-9604: helps combat obesity and aids weight loss, with no effect on your blood sugar. It also contains regenerative properties linked to the growth hormone.
- Epitalon: promotes replication of cells and rejuvenation of old ones. It may help normalize age-related changes in our body, boost metabolism, and improve immunity.
Who Shouldn’t Use Peptide Therapy?
While beneficial, peptide therapy isn’t for everyone. If you’re on a prescription, please discuss with your doctor before using any peptides.
Pregnant women and those with personal and family history of cancer – consult with your doctor before considering peptide therapy.