WHAT IS LYME DISEASE?
Lyme disease is one of the most common tick-borne illness in the United States, and around the world. The bacteria is transmitted by black-legged ticks (deer ticks), and certain species of mice. Lyme disease is identified by the presence the spirochete bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi.
Symptoms of what is now called Lyme disease were reported in medical literature as early as the late 19th century. These reported symptoms were considered separate diseases until 1975 when an outbreak of rashes and arthritis occurred in Lyme, Connecticut – the town became the namesake for the disease.
The presence of Lyme disease has increased dramatically over the past 10 years with the CDC estimating 300,000 cases occurred in 2017 (with only a fraction of those actually being reported).
Lyme disease occurs when people are exposed to ticks outdoors in grassy and wooded areas. The disease is more common in the northeast and upper midwest due to the habitat but can be found nationwide (even San Diego).
- Lyme Disease (borrelia burgdorferi)
- Babesia spp
- Bartonella henselae/quintana
- Toxoplasma gondii
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6)
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Mold Toxicity
- Rickettsia spp
- Ehrlichia spp
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum
- HLA haplotyping
- Specialty blood testing
- Urine mycotoxin testing/Mold toxicity testing
- Visual Contrast Sensitivity (VCS) testing
- MARCONS testing
- MTHFR mutation screening
- Autoimmune diseases
- Heavy Metals Testing
- High Dose Vitamin C IV (HDIVC)
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA)
- Glutathione (GSH)
- Ozone (10 pass) Therapy
- Ozone insufflation (intranasal)
- NAD+ IV
- Individualized dietary counseling
- Detoxification optimization
- Specialized botanical and nutrient Support
COMMON SYMPTOMS TO EXPECT FROM LYME DISEASE
- Body aches
- Neck stiffness
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Brain fog
- Migrating joint pain
HOW WOULD I KNOW IF I HAVE LYME DISEASE
- The first possible sign of Lyme Disease is a small red bump from a tick bite or from tick removal. This clears up in a few days and is impossible to differentiate from a mosquito or some harmless bug bite. If you develop a rash within the next three to 30 days, this is a strong indication of Lyme disease. This specific kind of rash (erythema migrans) resembles a bullseye pattern with a light-colored center and red outer rim. The rash can expand to up to 12 inches across, and multiple rashes can form when Lyme disease is present. Not all Lyme disease patients get the rash, but it’s a compelling sign to seek treatment if you do.
- The rash is usually slightly warm to the touch but not painful or itchy! Other early onset symptoms include.
Ozone Therapy – Ozone therapy is a procedure where ozone (O3) is introduced into the body to produce a pro-oxidative effect to potentially eradicate pathogenic bacteria, viruses, cancer cells, or other organisms.
High dose vitamin c
High Dose Vitamin C + Glutathione – High Dose Vitamin C and Glutathione are both powerful antioxidants used for many chronic diseases and may help with PTLD symptoms.
Nutritional supplements to support detoxification processes, binding and elimination of bacterial/fungal/viral components found on testing, combating biofilm formation, histamine control.
NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is a coenzyme (a compound necessary for enzyme function) that powers our metabolism by helping our mitochondria convert food into energy. NAD levels have also been connected with aging process.
Alpha lipoic acid
Alpha lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant found in every cell of the body, used to convert carbohydrates to energy and the cellular uptake of glucose. It can potentiate the effects of HDIVC in its pro-oxidant effects.
Make an appointment with LIVV NATURAL for your complimentary consult today!